Lend your strengths and talents to benefit the TC Williams Bands: join the pit crew, drive for Tag Day, help with uniforms, organize senior recognition, publicize band events, help with student fund-raising, be a middle school liaison, be a Booster officer.
Here are a few ways you can help:
- Organize marching band camp refreshments.
- Coordinate a car wash.
- Chaperone a Marching Titans event (competitions, away football games, halftime pizza at home games).
- Join the Marching Titans Pit Crew (competitions, home football games).
- Sell 50/50 raffle tickets at home football games.
- Help with uniform coordinating for marching band or symphonic and concert bands.
- Be a driver for TAG day. We need many, many parent drivers.
- Coordinate student fundraising for the spring trip.
Details on many of these are included below.
Chaperone the Marching Titans
The Marching Titans need a few good volunteers to assist them. Whether it’s coordinating pizza during a home game, helping to track down misplaced items at an away game, or making sure all is in perfect order for a competition – your time is never wasted and you’ll see teens working together to make grand music.
Please consider volunteering for at least one event.
50/50 Raffle Help
Sell $1 tickets in the stands at upcoming home football games. This works just like the traditional 50/50 raffle–half the proceeds go to the winning ticket, the other half to the TC Band program. The more tickets you sell, the more you are earning for TC Bands! You only sell during the first half, so you can focus on the game during the second half.
This year, we need parents to help get those instruments (marimbas, bells, chimes, etc.) and the drum major podium on the field for the half-time show at home games and at competitions.
You’ll likely be at the home games anyway; and you should make it to at least one competition.