Marching Band Forms are due June 2.
Get Ready! Marching Band Camp will start Monday, August 14
August 14 to the 31st are all day learning the music and the routine, mixed in with fun stuff, followed by a week of just afternoons. Marching Band Class will be Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm. 8th graders are welcome to the Band. Activity buses are available from both middle schools to TCW. The band performs at all home games and at least 2 competitions, and plays as a pep band at away games. It’s a great way for band students to transition to TC. For more details on the schedule, click on the Calendar.
2017-2018 Leadership Team
Woodwind Captain – Jomar Bonilla
Woodwind Captain – Anne Williams
Brass Captain – Kevin Alvarez
Assistant Brass Captain – Tim Despard
Assistant Brass Captain – Abby Warden
Percussion Captain – Andy Caceda
Logistical Support – Bridget & John Hernandez
The info below will help all Marching Titans get ready for camp and a fun marching season.
Prepare for Marching Band Camp
(From Mr. G.)
Hello Marching Titans,
I hope you are enjoying your summer and are ready to start an exciting season of marching band at TC Williams!
To make the most of our time together, please do the following:
- Pull out your instrument (or come get it from the directors during office hours) and play long tones & scales
- Download your instrument’s music file from the website or “charms” and practice
- Listen to the midi file so you are familiar with the tunes. Tempi are approximate.
- Get outside and be active every day. Walk the dog, ride your bike, swim, play ball, etc.
- Start eating breakfast now! Protein will keep you going longer.
Once camp begins:
- comfortable, athletic attire for band camp. Sneakers are essential! You’ll need marching shoes the second week.
- sun block, sun glasses, and a hat are also essential. Shorts, t-shirts in light colors are recommended. Skinny jeans are not recommended.
- a water bottle. The boosters will provide additional water and gatorade all day, as well as ice cream at the end of every day.
- a healthy lunch. You will have an hour for lunch. Eating at McDonald’s is both bad for you and may make you late!
- be on time and prepared for every rehearsal. You will be graded on effort and performance.
- have your marching shoes. You will be fitted for a uniform during camp. If you don’t already have marching shoes, you will need to buy some for $30.00; checks made payable to TC Williams Band Boosters
- download and fill out the emergency care form online before camp begins.
- tell your parents they are welcome to stay, observe and help out during any part of practice/rehearsal.
If you have questions, don’t hesitate to e-mail us! I’m eager to see everyone soon.
Mr. G. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Forms you may need:
Marching Titans in the News
Local media coverage of the Marching Titans: